DecAID Science Team wishes to gratefully acknowledge the following people
for their contributions to DecAID:
- Financial and logistic support from Lisa Norris
and Grant Gunderson, Pacific Northwest Region, USDA Forest Service; Richard
Holthausen, Washington Office, USDA Forest Service; and David Johnson, Washington
Department of Fish and Wildlife, under the auspices of the “Oregon-Washington
Species-Habitat Project” (Wildlife Habitats and Species Associations
in Oregon and Washington).
- Statistical consultation provided by Manuela
Huso and Timothy Max. Additional review of statistical methods and interpretations
were provided by Jim Alegria, Tom DeMeo, Mark Huff, and Martin Raphael.
- Discussions with, and reviews by, Dave Bridgewater,
Fred Bunnell, Andrew Carey, Gary Daterman, Andy Eglitis, Louisa Evers, Paul
Flanagan, Don Goheen, Tommy Gregg, David Johnson, Miles Hemstrom, Deborah
Lindley, Mike McGrath, Dave Overhulser, Dave Perry, Martin Raphael, Darrell
Ross, Mary Rowland, Barry Schreiber, Don Scott, Pat Shea, Madeleine Vander
Heyden, and others.
- Technical/Scientific reviews were provided
by Keith Aubry, Bill McComb, Don Goheen, Miles Hemstrom, Paul Hennon, Dede
Olson, Catherine Raley, and Victoria Saab.
- BETA testing and user reviews were provided
by Bill Connelly, Terry Fairbanks, Steve Garman, Kathy O'Halloran, and Bob
Obedzinski. The following individuals provided reviews through the Oregon
Chapter of The Wildlife Society: William Munro, Mark Peninger, Richard Schmitz,
and Tim Schommer. Tahnea Jafari and Gina King provided reviews through the
Washington Chapter of The Wildlife Society.
- We are grateful to Pat Ormsbee for helping
to organize and hold expert panel workshops to review data and interpretations,
and for helping summarize literature and data, particularly on bats.
- Many experts attending the workshops, reviewing
data summaries, and providing advice, including: Lisa Bate, Evelyn Bull,
Andrew Carey, Deborah Lindley, Chris Maguire, Kim Nelson, Pat Ormsbee, Victoria
Saab, Barry Schreiber, Torolf Torgersen, and Jennifer Weikel.
- Data contributions from Keith Aubry, Lisa
Bate, Evelyn Bull, Andrew Carey, Steve Cross, Richard Frenzel, Doug Keinath,
William McComb, Cathy Raley, Martin Raphael, Victoria Saab, J. A. Taylor,
Torolf Torgersen, Dave Vesely, Ted Weller.
- Chris Maguire contributed data from the Demonstration
of Ecosystem Management Options (DEMO) Study, a joint effort of the USDA
Forest Service Region 6 and Pacific Northwest Research Station.
- Tom Spies for his contribution of dead wood
data from the “Old-Growth Study”.
- We are grateful to Jeff Reis for producing
Stand Visualization Simulator diagrams depicting the different structural
- The Forest Inventory and Analysis program
of the PNW Research Station, the Current Vegetation Survey of the USDA Forest
Service, Region 6, and the Natural Resource Inventory program of the USDI
Bureau of Land Management for their contribution of forest inventory databases.
We also thank them for their ongoing commitment to collecting ecological
data (snags, down wood and insect and disease information) on inventory
plots across Oregon and Washington.
- We thank the many wildlife biologists and
technicians whose tireless field work has provided the scientific data upon
which DecAID is based. Responsibility for the management and interpretations
of the field data remains with the DecAID Science Team.
- Thanks to Grant Gunderson for providing helpful
review comments on the DecAID Tutorial in addition to his support of the
DecAID Science Team.
- Database contributions from the “Oregon--Washington
Species-Habitat Project overseen by David Johnson and Tom O’Neil,
and developed in part by Madeleine Vander Heyden, Marla Trevithick, and
- Jaimie Bradbury assisted with web site layout
- Stephanie Wessell assisted with formatting
the wildlife tables and graphs, and with error-checking data.